Questions and Answers
Find the answers to your questions about Western MA oil prices, Northern CT oil prices, how much fuel to order, how online oil ordering works, and more.
How is PayLessForOil.com able to offer such low pricing?
- We’re a “P.B.D.” (pay before delivery) service, which eliminates receivables and bad debt – two of the greatest factors in the per-gallon cost to you.
- Our online service greatly reduces and/or eliminates other costs such as:
- Reduced phone costs – orders are done online
- Labor costs – payment processing is done automatically
- Delivery costs – computerized routing system is second to none
All of these savings are passed along to YOU – our loyal customer.
Why is it better to use PayLessForOil.com over a “traditional” discount oil company?
Many discount oil operations are one-truck operators operating out of their home. They DO NOT have the resources a premier provider like PayLessForOil.com has – insurance coverage being one of the most important! You can know when dealing with us you’re receiving the lowest possible prices and working with a local company with considerable resources.
Why is it better to use PayLessForOil.com over “another” online company?
In a nutshell, we make it easy to order from us and easy to reach out to us! For more information, we recommend you visit Why PayLess or learn more about us. We think our testimonials speak for themselves.
Do you have a dedicated customer service staff to address my needs?
YES, WE DO… unlike most of our competitors! Our office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Offices are closed on all federal holidays and weekends. Contact us; we would love to hear from you!
Discount Heating Oil Delivery FAQs
What is your minimum delivery?
- 100 gallons to all cities and towns we service.
- Please note: If you place an order and your tank is unable to meet the minimum, you will be charged a $39 under minimum fee.
- Reference our How Much Fuel Should I Order chart to help you decide how much fuel to order.
How do I know if you will deliver to my location?
- Refer to the service area map to see if we deliver to your community.
- If we don’t currently deliver to your area and you wish us to do so, please contact us as we are always reevaluating our delivery area.
Do you deliver to businesses?
YES, we do! We now service commercial customers. Simply follow the prompts on the Commercial page to get started!
Do you deliver to renters?
YES, we do! Renters find PayLessForOil.com especially convenient as we do not have any long-term contracts to sign.
When will I receive my order?
Please review the When Will I Receive My Delivery page for a detailed view of when you can expect your delivery. Most orders are delivered in 1-2 business days. Sometimes we can even provide same-day delivery!
What if I don’t receive my order as promised?
- Please contact us immediately! If we fail to make our delivery commitment because we goofed (not because of reasons beyond our control), you will receive $10 off your next order!
Do you offer prime and start services?
Yes, we do! If you require this service please call us at 855-OIL-4LES (855-645-4537). We will take this order over the phone. Prime and emergency delivery services are offered at additional fees.
Do I need to be home when you deliver?
- You don’t need to be home when we make your delivery UNLESS you ran out of oil and need a prime and start or your fill pipe is not accessible from outside.
- We require you call us to place orders that necessitate you being home so we can discuss your schedule with you.
- We require a free oil tank safety inspection BEFORE our first delivery to a customer. Safety inspections are performed by EITHER the customer sending us pictures of their tank(s) and fill/vent pipes on the New Customer Registration and Digital Tank Inspection form OR by a visit from one of our service technicians. WE WILL NOT SCHEDULE A DELIVERY WITHOUT A PASSED SAFETY INSPECTION! Please visit our Become a Customer page for more information.
Will you deliver on Saturdays or Sundays?
There are no scheduled weekend deliveries. However, when the weather gets cold, we often have our fleet on the road over the weekend to meet demand. We do not deliver on any federal holiday.
Fuel Ordering & Payment FAQs
My card was charged before the delivery was made. Why was this done?
PayLessForOil.com is a “P.B.D.” (pay before delivery) service. There are no exceptions.
Does PayLessForOil.com accept cash, check, or money orders?
No, sorry we do not. For the safety of our drivers and your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa, or Discover. Payment is made at the time you order. Drivers do not accept payments of any kind and payments may not be mailed in.
I noticed the price dropped after I placed my order. Can I have it at the lower price?
Unfortunately, no. Prices are set at the time you place your order, not when the fuel is delivered. There is no daily price with PayLessForOil.com service and prices are updated as the market changes. We figure you wouldn’t want us to raise your price if fuel prices went up after you place your order, right?
Can the price per gallon quoted to me at the time of my order change at delivery?
Since our pricing schedule contains volume discounts (larger deliveries receive lower prices), if your tank takes a smaller quantity than ordered, your price per gallon may end up being higher. Your final price will always be based on the time of your order, though. If you receive a delivery that does not meet our minimum delivery requirements (see above), you will be charged a $39 under minimum delivery fee in addition to the price per gallon.
I ordered more oil than my tank can hold. What do I do?
You do not have to do anything! You will only be charged for the amount of gallons you receive.
May I cancel my order?
Cancellations only allowed for reasons of safety. Canceled orders are subject to a 4% cancellation fee.
General Heating Oil FAQs
What is heating oil?
Heating oil, known as oil, fuel oil, home heating oil, and HHO, is a low-viscosity liquid petroleum fuel product that is refined and used as a heat source.
Is home heating oil safe?
Yes, heating oil is a safe and non-explosive fuel source. It is fire-resistant because of its high flash point of 140 degrees Fahrenheit. It also produces visible warning signs like smoke if a heating system malfunction were to occur, meaning oil users can benefit from home security.
What are the main uses for heating oil?
Heating oil is primarily used for heating and water heating. It can be used in furnaces, boilers, and water heaters that are oil-fired.
How can I monitor my home heating oil levels?
The simplest way is to read your oil tank gauge, which is like a car’s gas gauge. You should order a refill when your home heating oil tank gauge reaches ¼ capacity.
How do you read an oil tank gauge?
Read a tank gauge just like your car’s gas gauge: Full, ¾, ½, ¼, and Empty. You can find the small circular glass or plastic gauge on the top or side of your oil tank. Be sure to check it frequently and place an oil order before the bottom of your gauge reaches the 1/4th marker.
How does the weather affect heating oil usage?
The colder the temperatures are, the more heating oil a furnace or boiler will need to provide warmth. During the dead of winter, you will go through oil more quickly than in the spring or fall. Other factors can affect heating oil usage too, such as personal heating preference, home size, and furnace or boiler efficiency—that’s why it’s so important to frequently check your oil tank gauge.
What appliances can I use with heating oil?
The most common oil-fired appliances are furnaces, boilers, and water heaters.
What are the advantages of using home heating oil?
Heating oil has long-since been recognized as a safe heating fuel since it is nonexplosive. It’s also affordable, abundant, burns efficiently, and is getting cleaner and cleaner with environmental advancement technologies such as ULS and biodiesel.
How do oil and diesel fuel differ?
It is the same product as diesel fuel, but a road tax is not paid on it, meaning it’s dyed red and illegal to use on highways.
Bioheat® Fuel FAQs
What is the composition of Bioheat®?
Bioheat® fuel is a blend of renewable biodiesel and standard home heating oil. Biodiesel is made domestically from a variety of agricultural or recycled resources, which are treated and purified. Biodiesel is then mixed with low-sulfur heating oil to create Bioheat® fuel.
What are the renewable resources found in biodiesel?
Biodiesel can be made from a variety of renewable resources, including plant oils (such as soybean oil, peanut oil, and sunflower seed oil), animal fats, recycled grease from restaurants, and even algae oil.
Why is Bioheat® fuel better than standard fuel oil?
- It burns cleaner which allows your heating system to run more efficiently, and in turn, reduces your fuel consumption and your energy bills.
- It’s made domestically, reducing our dependency on foreign oil and adding jobs to the U.S. economy.
- Because it’s made from renewable biodiesel, it’s a sustainable fuel option.
- And, because it’s renewable, it’s also beneficial to the environment
How can I order Bioheat® heating oil to fuel my home heating system?
If you are a PayLessForOil.com customer, Bioheat® fuel is already being delivered to your tank! We’re a proud supplier of Bioheat® heating oil, as we recognize the many benefits this eco-friendly fuel offers our customers, as well as the positive impact it has on the environment.
Still have questions about ordering discount heating oil in Western MA?
Please visit our “Knowledge Base” where you can enter your question and search for answers.