Spring Fun for You and Your Dog
After months of being tucked away inside the house, the warmer weather is here and it is the perfect time to spend it with your pet outdoors! Don’t follow the same old routine, think outside of the box! Here are some activities that are not only safe and friendly for your pet, but also fun for you!
- Head to a wide open space for your pup to run free. Whether it is the beach or an open field, it is a simple way to go outside and stretch their legs, let their tongues dangle and ears flap (without all of the hassle of other pets). This will help relieve pent-up energy your pooch may have.
- Turn on the sprinkler. Not only will your pup have a blast, but it will help your lawn! It is also a great opportunity to give your pup that much needed bath!
- Learn a new trick. With cooped up energy, your canine will be ready to take on a new challenge. Use this to your advantage, by teaching a new trick (or two).
- Take your pup on a doggy date. Believe it or not, dogs enjoy the company of other dogs. Meet up with friends and family for doggy play dates. This will allow your pup to develop healthy, friendly interaction habits.
- Go on a trip. Whether it’s a trip down the street or on vacation, take the opportunity to get away. This option will require a bit of research to make sure your canine can handle the environment.
- Hunt for large sticks. Find the largest stick your dog can carry and play fetch. You’ll give yourself a workout and your dog will have a blast.
- Go shopping. Plenty of national chain stores allow dogs.